Computer Screen For Cake

Baking By eatdessert1st Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 8:12pm by eatdessert1st

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, all:
I'm going to attempt an iCarly computer cake for my 6 yr old's bday cake. My... how she has progressed from a princess castle cake last yr to this icon_lol.gif
I've found some amazing cake photos here so I have some idea of how to progress. For the screen, tho, I was considering baking a 9x13 sugar cookie, covering w MMF so I won't waste the edible image of iCarly. I'd like to bake the cookie w/ skewers in it so I can stick it into the cake. What would be the best way to go about doing that? I can't bake it in 9x13 pan as it won't allow skewers but I'm concerned about free shaping it as it will probably get all wanky on me.
Any suggestions appreciated!

Melanie Mc.

2 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 3

If you roll your dough on a piece of parchment paper, then cut the cookie, insert your sticks and move the cookie, paper and all on to your cookie sheet to bake.

You may have to trim the cookie, when it comes out of the oven if its misshapen. This can easily be done when the cookie is still hot.

Or you can bake in your cake pan and attach the sticks with chocolate after the cookie is cooled.

eatdessert1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatdessert1st Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 3

I used the NFSC recipe and only had to trim a bit off the edges. Thank you for your help!

Melanie Mc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%