Candy Tower How-To Please

Lounge By SecretAgentCakeBaker Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 2:06am by redpanda

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 4

I want to make a tower of wrapped Lindor truffles. I've been looking for tutorials online, but not having much luck. I know I have seen them somewhere before. Does anybody know?

I have a cardboard tower from the craft store. I am thinking to maybe use double sided tape? I saw one tutorial where they used hot glue to stick mini wrapped candy bars, but I am thinking that would make it difficult to get the truffles off at the party. (I am expecting the guests to be able to easily get the candy off.)

The other thing I was wondering is if it would be better to poke little holes in the cardboard and put one end of the wrapper in? Would it be difficult to pull put? (I keep envisioning someone going for a truffle and the entire tower falling over onto the other food items on the table.)

I know I cannot use the toothpick method because the truffles have a bit of a liquidy center.

Thanks so much for your help!

3 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 12:51am
post #2 of 4

You could use glue dots meant for scrapbooking. They're quite strong and would probably hold the weight of each truffle...
I think you would need to weigh or anchor the whole tower down with something though, as you suggested, or it may get lop-sided as people take the truffles off.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 1:24am
post #3 of 4

Thanks, I did think about trying glue dots but was worried they would hold too much. I will try them in a bit.

I've been trying to figure this out all day. I tried regular double sided tape but it isn't sticking well to the paper and the truffles keep falling off. I have an ATG which has stronger adhesive, but I was worried that would grab too much. Guess I have to keep experimenting.

I was really hoping someone here had already figured it out as I am running out of time. You would think the Lindt website would have info about it, but no.

I did see one tutorial using Ferraro Roche and they used hot glue. The only thing is they didn't say if it was just a display or if people could easily get the chocolates off. That is really my main concern. This thing is supposed to be going on the cake table and I don't want the cake getting damaged because someone had to stubble to get a truffle off.

Well, I'm off to test the glue dots. Thanks again!

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 2:06am
post #4 of 4

I have a dual-temperature glue gun and have used the lower temperature to attach candies to a styrofoam cone to make a candy Christmas tree. The candies held well but weren't hard to pull off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%