Cute Packaging For Cake Pops

Decorating By Kread Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 9:35pm by cupcakesnbuttercream

Kread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kread Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 5

My friend asked me to make cake pops (that look like the earth) for her daughter's bday. She wants 2 per kid, that will be the favor. With one, I could just individually wrap, but with 2, any ideas on packaging? Thanks!

4 replies
mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 1:10am
post #2 of 5

Maybe poke them into a piece of Styrofoam wrapped in coordinating contact paper, then put that into a larger plastic bag, tie the top with a ribbon. I did a similar thing with 8, a picture is in my profile.

Kread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kread Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 2:44pm
post #3 of 5

Ove the idea! Hopefully they will stand upright!!

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 5

Here are several ideas.

Cover a small piece of styrofoam with plastic wrap. Put that in the bottom of a plastic or paper cup, or one of those little metal pails you can get I. Te dollar section of Target. Poke the pops into the foam. Cover the foam with candies. That will help give some weight to the bottom to help offend toppling over.

Decorate the cake pops so the ball is sitting flat on the counter and the stick is sticking up. Use a gusseted cellophane bag, cut a small piece of cardstock in a rectangle, put in the bottom of the bag, and put the pops in, with the sticks going up. Tie a ribbon on to close the bag. No need to worry about the toppling issue.

Make the cake balls without sticks and put them into a small truffle box, or make your own box. Set them in mini cupcake liners first.

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 5

You could turn them upside down in a mini cupcake liner, wrap, and tie the top of the sticks together with nice ribbon.

you could also wrap each ball...without sticks....and put them all in a large glass vase or apothecary jar.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%