How Long Will A Cake Last??

Decorating By Kitty5Kat Updated 19 Jan 2011 , 7:00pm by Kitty5Kat

Kitty5Kat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitty5Kat Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 6:22am
post #1 of 4

This is my first time posting a topic on the site so I hope I don't seem ridiculous in asking this question but here goes.

I have a customer who is wanting me to make a cake for her husband's birthday party. I have done all of her cakes in the past but I will be out of town at the time of this particular event. She insists that she is okay with me doing the cake before I leave, however, I will be leaving on Monday and the event is Saturday. I know that a cake that is refrigerated can last a 3-4 days but does anyone know exactly how long a cake with buttercream dirty icing and fondant covered could actually last? 6 days just seems long to me.

Thanks for your help!

kitty5kat icon_confused.gif

3 replies
NanaSandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaSandy Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 6:35am
post #2 of 4

Not sure if this helps, but I usually bake and crumb coat on Wednesday for a Saturday/Sunday delivery. My cakes are always moist and family/friends always say how good they are! HTH

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 8:37am
post #3 of 4

I would definitely use an enhanced box mix. I am a scratch baker and very few of my cakes are able to maintain their freshness that long. The enhanced ones don't seem to deteriorate in taste and texture.

Kitty5Kat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitty5Kat Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks everyone! My customer wanted me to do the cake so badly she moved up the date of the party. So now I don't have to worry about the freshness of the cake. I am so excited.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%