My Dog Ate My Homework

Decorating By WhiskMeAwayCakes Updated 19 Jan 2011 , 3:22pm by sweetflowers

WhiskMeAwayCakes Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 10:16pm
post #1 of 5

I was taking an intermediate cake decorating class and our next class was a 3 tiered wedding cake. I had to bring in 3 already frosted tiers and then decorate them in class. My husband was helping me bring the cakes down the car and I told him to only take one and leave the top tier, wed come back and grab it. Well we came back and my dog jumped down from the coffee table and a huge chunk of the cake was missing! Now my dog eats everything possible if food is left out, so I dont know why I didnt think about it but I was so upset! It was 30 minutes before class started so since no one had to eat it, I took it in the kitchen and tried my best to cover it up with frosting. You couldnt really tell but I was still upset until my husband told me, "at least you can just tell your teacher your dog ate your homework" icon_smile.gif

4 replies
CAKELADIE1 Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 5

LOL!! I had a similar event yesterday. I was making a cake for a friend and I also had my 2 year old granddaughter at my house yesterday. I had just finished icing my 4 layer cake when I had a phone call. My husband was "supposed" to be watching my granddaughter, but when I finished my phone call and came back to my cake, my granddaughter was able to reach just far enough to get her hands in the bottom two layers of the cake. She looked at me and said "yummy for my tummy". I was not happy with my husband. Fortunately, I had baked an extra pan of cake, so I was able to seperate and repair and all was well, however, I learned a big lesson about little hands.

heyjules Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 5

"yummy for my tummy"...that's so cute you can't even get mad!

MissLisa Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 3:20pm
post #4 of 5

I think we've all been there.......

I was working on gumpaste baby booties (3 pair) and I left them in the center of the kitchen table on a cardboard circle to dry when I went to work. Dear husband left the chair pulled out from the table when he left for work.

Dear dog got on the chair, pulled it all off the table and ate ALL SIX booties! Hubby got home first and found the mess but didn't realize what it was. He just cleaned up all the cotton balls and cardboard I had used. Took me about an hour to realize my booties were MIA after I got home!

sweetflowers Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 5

That's so cute! I've had both those experiences. One with my son when he was 15 months old, just grabbed a handful of the tip of the heart shaped cake I had made for my brothers engagement (filled it with icing so no harm done). The other was a dog that we were sitting, ate my STYROFOAM fondant covered dummy, that dog would eat everything! At least I had time to remake it before I had to go to my appointment. The bummer was the hours of Lambeth string work I had to re-do icon_cry.gif

Soon those will be fond memories for you all also!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%