How Do I Ship A Cake?????

Decorating By holtesl Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 8:30am by zespri

holtesl Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 8

I have a friend in Chicago who asked me if I could ship a cake to her (I live near the Twin Cities in Minnesota). I did a little research, but I haven't come up with anything very helpful. Has anyone done this before? How does it work? Can I just put the cake in a box and send it on its way?

7 replies
holtesl Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 8

Tclanton Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 5:51pm
post #3 of 8

I wish I could offer you some assistance, but I havent heard a way to do this successfully.

Sorry - wishing you luck!!

cakinallday Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 8

I just put a cake in the mail for my SIL. I of course used fondant to cover. I wrapped each tier in saran wrap. put each wrapped tier in the closest fitting cake box. put packing p nuts in the box. taped that box closed. put that box in a shipping boxed cushioned with tissue paper and more packing p nuts. I also wrapped the accessory pieces in press n seal paper. It should arrive Friday and she'll have to do some assembly....... I know it wont be perfect but it was worth a try... HTH

Karen421 Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 8

Please let us know how it arrives, because I have been wondering myself! icon_lol.gif

holtesl Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 4:18am
post #6 of 8

How much did shipping cost on that? Do the USPS flat rate boxes work for shipping food?

Somethin-Sweet Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 4:28am
post #7 of 8

Ive shipped several using Continental Airlines Cargo.....all arrived in perfect shape! The cost depends on the size and weight of the cake....

zespri Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 8:30am
post #8 of 8

I just replied to this same question in another thread:

Quote by @%username% on %date%