Edible Images - South Jersey/philadelphia Area

Decorating By Lisa93063 Updated 25 Jan 2011 , 3:21pm by icingimages

Lisa93063 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa93063 Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 4:09am
post #1 of 12

Does anyone know where I can go to get edible icing images made in the South Jersey/Philadelphia area?

11 replies
sugarflour2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarflour2 Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 12

Try your supermarkets. Here in north Jersey ShopRite will do them for $8 a sheet.

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 12

I buy mine at Wal Mart. Here in NC 6.00 a sheet!

buttercuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercuppie Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 12

I usually order through icing images...I'm in NYC and usually get them in 1-2 days (unless they have a backlog of orders)

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 10:11pm
post #5 of 12

Next question for everyone then, who gives them the best images, and does it vary from store to store of the same name? Our Shop Rite does it, when they feel like it and don't do a very good job. Price Chopper does it, but they have an attitude when you ask, and the image is so blurry it's terrible, and their people don't know how to do it properly. Walmart does the best job, but even their isn't only fair in imagery, at best.

Lisa93063 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa93063 Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 11:39pm
post #6 of 12

I called Pathmark, Acme and Sam's Club in my area. They all acted like I was crazy. I'll try Walmart next.

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 2:37pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

Next question for everyone then, who gives them the best images, and does it vary from store to store of the same name? Our Shop Rite does it, when they feel like it and don't do a very good job. Price Chopper does it, but they have an attitude when you ask, and the image is so blurry it's terrible, and their people don't know how to do it properly. Walmart does the best job, but even their isn't only fair in imagery, at best.

My wal mart does a great job, wonder if the equipment is dated or tired?

Alfiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alfiesmom Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 3:02pm
post #8 of 12

Lisa: try different Walmarts too -- I know Deptford bakery is better than Turnersville, and Glassboro Shoprite busier than Mullica Hill where you might get a better rapport with the bakery dept. Also, Wash. Twp Acme is very good

MissBlu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBlu Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 4:51am
post #9 of 12

Thanks for all the good info! BTW... is anyone doing to the Garden State Cake show in Burlington?

KerrieD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KerrieD Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 5:11am
post #10 of 12

I use Edible Images.net. (No space) Janie is in MI and is very helpful and fast!

Alfiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alfiesmom Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 2:44pm
post #11 of 12

Yes I'm going to the show! Can't wait. couldn't decide on what class I wanted then really couldn't afford it so just going as a spectator both days.
Look for me -- maybe I'll wear a sign "Alfiesmom" !! LOL

Debbie

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 25 Jan 2011 , 3:21pm
post #12 of 12

When ordering icing images, be careful as to the type of paper that is used. Some is Rice, some Potatoe and some Sugarbased. Sugarbased being the best as far as taste, texture, and merging. If the image is less expensive, most likely they use a potato or rice paper. Most grocery store chains use the sugar based paper, but what you will find is that the machines are not maintained or used properly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%