Which Colours Are In Your Kit?

Decorating By zespri Updated 18 Jan 2011 , 12:00am by Elcee

zespri Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 11:41pm
post #1 of 2

I am wondering what colours I would need to make a complete kit of shades which could be used to reproduce other shades. At the moment I have quite a lot of the basics, red, hot pink, yellow, orange, black etc, so I don't need one of the starter kits which those colours. But I think I need a pale pink, different shades of green etc.

What colours do you consider essential, which will enable you to create all the other colours of the rainbow? I'm thinking more along the lines of different shades of basic colours, such as burgundy, rose pink, light green etc.

1 reply
Elcee Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 12:00am
post #2 of 2

I have a couple of colors that I never use. Wilton Burgundy and Americolor Fuschia; hate them both!

I tend to buy them on an as needed basis. It sounds like you're in pretty good shape, color wise. Even though it's nice to have lots of colors, as long as you have the primary colors you can mix up anything you need.

I really like the colors that come in the Wilton (I think it's called) Garden package, there's a mauve, cornflower blue , buttercup yellow and juniper green; and Duff's electric colors, purple, pink, blue and green. For variations on the basics I also have Sky Blue and Royal Blue; Leaf and Kelly Green; Rose and Pink. A whole range of reds, super, red red, no taste, Christmas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%