Cake Idea - Baby Boy And Police Officer

Decorating By BakeryNook Updated 18 Jan 2011 , 4:33am by cownsj

BakeryNook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeryNook Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 6

A friend of mine is having a baby boy in April. I'm looking for some cake ideas for a baby boy that is somehow law enforcement related as mom is a police officer. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 6

Why not make a 3D Baby cake from the Wilton 3D Teddy bear cakepan only cut off the ears and make a policemans hat on top of his head.

BakeryNook Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 3:58am
post #3 of 6

That's a great idea but how would I make the hat. I'm still new to cake decorating and have no idea.

Thanks

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 4:15am
post #4 of 6

Perfect idea Kiddiekakes.

You can make the hat out of gumpaste. Put a little belt around the waist and put a bottle in the holster.

BakeryNook Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 4:19am
post #5 of 6

How cute! I can see it in my head but uncertain how to produce it.

Like I mentioned before I'm new to all this. I'm currently taking the Wilton Basic 101 atJoann's. I think gumpaste and all is in level 3. I have a ways to go before I can accomplish this. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just back out till I'm more trained. : /

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 4:33am
post #6 of 6

Don't back out. The first thing I would do is ask your instructor if they can help you with it. You only need help with the hat. If you do the belt, just cut a strip to fit around the bear. The baby bottle, if you do it can be done in a candy mold.

First question is the shape of her hat. My hat was round around the top, but some have corners. Here is a page of police hats. Mine was like the one 4th row down, 3rd from the left: http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ADRA_en&biw=1419&bih=648&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=police+hat&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=
If your instructor can't help with that, you might be able to buy a child's size hat and use that for this cake. Like this: http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ADRA_en&biw=1419&bih=648&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=police+hat&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%