What Is This Cone?

Decorating By GeorgiaC Updated 22 Jan 2011 , 4:40pm by ValMommytoDanny

GeorgiaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeorgiaC Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 7

Would someone look at this video and tell me what that cone is the chef is cutting up to use for the petal base?

I see in other videos they also use it as a base for roses or for lilies. On the lily, they use it as a base and stick it into the cake.

It looks like maybe styrofoam, but maybe it's something edible? Any substitution thoughts?

6 replies
nancyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancyg Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 7

I am not sure.....

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 8:21pm
post #3 of 7

Hi, i,ve taken these b/c classes at the ices convention. They always have these cones to sell,etc. the flower nail,etc. I think it is may be wafer paper, it is definetly edible. i always say i am going to buy some, just to see how they are. They are all incredible b/c deocrators. i did buy a dvd last year. so now i will buy these cones this year. lol!!

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 8:25pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

Hi, i,ve taken these b/c classes at the ices convention. They always have these cones to sell,etc. the flower nail,etc. I think it is may be wafer paper, it is definetly edible. i always say i am going to buy some, just to see how they are. They are all incredible b/c deocrators. i did buy a dvd last year. so now i will buy these cones this year. lol!!

Can you tell me who the vendor is and what is the title of the dvd? Those flowers are beautiful, and I love working in bc.

GeorgiaC Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 11:05pm
post #5 of 7

If you find out what the cones are and perhaps have a link for them, please share it.

GeorgiaC Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 3:39pm
post #6 of 7

Edna said it is styrofoam. That seems like a health hazard.

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 22 Jan 2011 , 4:40pm
post #7 of 7

Chantilly... isn't that whipped cream?
It seems like the texture of it.

Very nice videos! Thanks for sharing the link. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%