Business Name Ideas

Business By BakeryNook Updated 18 Jan 2011 , 4:00am by BakeryNook

BakeryNook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeryNook Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 8

I would like to start a homebased bakery business (family, friends, and word of mouth). I'm having a hard time coming up with a cute name for it and was wondering if any of you have any cute ideas. I would like one that also matches a domain name.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

7 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 8

Which state do you live in, and what will your specialty be?

BakeryNook Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 8

I am in Texas. I would like to make mostly cakes but would also like to make other desserts (cookies, cupcakes, etc.).

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 8

Start thinking...words that have cake in them...words that have sweet in them...etc. Don't be afraid to play on words,. Write down everything you think of. Then read over the list and throw out the lame ones. Once you have a few you like, google them to be sure that they are not already taken by someone in your general area, or registered nationally. Then go to a domain site (like GoDaddy) and search to see if that website is available.
Get creative and consider using names that reference your area (ie. place names).
Good luck!

BakeryNook Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 7:07pm
post #5 of 8

I have a few names but I'm afraid they sound dumb. : )

I don't really want to post them here just in case that are good ones. : )

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 7:08pm
post #6 of 8

Just an FYI, in TX you are not legally allowed to sell food made from your home kitchen, so you would need to either build a separate kitchen on your property or rent an existing commercial kitchen facility. Of course there's nothing wrong with thinking about names now, just make sure not to advertise yourself as a business until you have a legal space to work.

I would also recommend looking for a more specific specialty to help differentiate yourself from the competition, that should also help you with the name.

BakeryNook Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 9:54pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you jasonkraft for the information. At this time, I'm not real worried about it as I'm brand new and only doing them for family and friends. I know in the future what I need to do. : )

Anyone interested in letting me send them my list (just a few) to see what other's think of the names?

BakeryNook Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 4:00am
post #8 of 8

Anyone....anyone??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%