Can't Find Baker's German Chocolate Anywhere!

Decorating By PennySue Updated 19 Jan 2011 , 4:52am by JulieMN

PennySue Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 9

Is anyone else having trouble finding Baker's German Chocolate? I have been to every store in town and it is nowhere to be found.

8 replies
nonilm Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 9

Hmmm. Every grocery store in my area has it in the baking aisle near the chocolate chips. Even Walmart carries it.

Elcee Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 9

Are they just out of stock? I just saw it at my local Walmart. It was right next to the semi-sweet I was buying.

I hope you find some soon. It's awful when you can't get an ingredient. Good luck!

simplysouthern Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 9

Holy crap I totally thought it was just my local stores that were out! I went to 4 stores yesterday and NOTHING! Publix told me they were out of stock and would start ordering larger quantities of it if it's something I will be usuing often. One more reason I LOVE PUBLIX! They will seriously order items JUST for me!

tigachu Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 7:28pm
post #5 of 9

I second that it might be out of stock because I always see it at Walmart and Target.

I hope you can find it very soon!

PennySue Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 9:09pm
post #6 of 9

I did try Target because they always have it, but not this time! I ended up finding instructions on how to substitute cocoa powder, sugar, butter and water for the cubes of GC. Cake is out of the oven and cooling as I type and it looks and smells just like the regular German Chocolate cake. Here's hoping it tastes as good!

PennySue Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 11:09pm
post #7 of 9

Update on German Chocolate cake. I made the cake using the substitutions of cocoa powder, sugar butter and water and by far, this was the best GCC I have ever made or tasted. It was a big hit. Don't think I'll ever need to buy the cubes again.

JaeRodriguez Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 4:20am
post #8 of 9

PennySue- That's a very interesting thing- I never thought about substitutions for the chocolate! I am gonna have to try that!

JulieMN Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 4:52am
post #9 of 9

It is available in the larger grocery stores around me (Rainbow and Cub).

Thanks for the info on substitutions.....will have to try it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%