Making Your Own Silicone Mold

Decorating By CakeryBakery Updated 17 Jan 2011 , 7:13pm by CakeryBakery

CakeryBakery Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 6

While watching Fabulous Cakes, a company called Caked (out of Las Vagas) made a tire mold for the wheels on the Fire Truck. It looked like she poured a silicone mold; my question is does anyone know what time of silicone mold she used and where to purchase?

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 6

I know that Caljava carries a flat impression mold to create tires treds in fondant..It is expensive though....I believe you can buy molding silicone through make your own molds here on CC or some people have gone to Michael's craftstore and purchased the molding silicone there.

CakeryBakery Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for the response! I'm really looking for the LIQUID silicone materials that was used on the show. I have the silicone plastique already, the type she used on the show was liquid, I've never seen it before.

yodasmom Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 6

Go to the makeyourownmold.com website. They have a two part product that starts as a liquid and hardens overnight. It's the same stuff used to make bottle molds. I've used it to mold ornaments and stuff as well.

Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 5:46pm
post #5 of 6

I know that Domenic sells a pourable liquid on his website...Makeyourownmolds.com..It os called Copyflex...I think....You mix 2 liquids to get the right chemical reaction between the harder and other and then you pour into mold.

CakeryBakery Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks a bunch! Exactly what I was searching for I have a large item I want to mold.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%