What Tip Do I Use To Get The Swirl On A Standard Cupcake?

Baking By CrescentMoon Updated 17 Jan 2011 , 6:26pm by simplysouthern

CrescentMoon Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 6

I have searched hi and lo and cannot figure out the tip used to create the swirl on the standard size cupcakes. Can someone please tell me what it is and where online I can buy one?

5 replies
CrescentMoon Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 6

let me clarify more - I already have the 1M, I'm looking for the one to make a smooth swirl

simplysouthern Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 6

Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean. To clarify can you look at my photos and the mickey cake has some cupcakes with it.....do you mean a swirl like that? If so I can help, if not I may have another idea....lol sorry I'm on cold meds, work with me

sccandwbfan Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 4:06pm
post #4 of 6

I use a Wilton 2A for a smooth 1M swirl. HTH.


leily Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 6:08pm
post #5 of 6

if you don't want to buy a specific tip for it then you can use a coupler with out a tip on it. If it's a wilton one with a slot in the side then just use a piece of tape over the slit to close it up.

simplysouthern Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 6:26pm
post #6 of 6

Ok since I'm still not sure what you mean here are two methods I use:
1st if I want to pipe a tight smooth swirl I use a wilton #10.
2nd is when I want to have the look of large dollops....I use a disposable piping bag, cut the tip off but start small and pipe, if its too small cut more until you're satisfied with the size swirl you're creating. I sometimes use a coupler as mentioned by PP but like having control over how large I want my swirl so usually just cut the tip of the piping bags icon_smile.gif. You can also do this with a zip loc baggie.
HTH as mentioned I'm on cold meds and sslo 5 months pregnant so my kind is pretty much shot lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%