Bridal Tasting Spread

Decorating By ConfectionsCC Updated 17 Jan 2011 , 8:39am by JanH

ConfectionsCC Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 13

Okay, I know when I went on the hunt I could not find ANY good picture of how to set up for a bridal tasting. Well, just did my first today and I LOVE the way it turned out! Please take a look, let me know what you think, if I did things properly. Whether I did or not, I know the bride and MOB, as well as the unexpected groom and best friend were all impressed and they had a blast at the tasting!!

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1914687

12 replies
cakenovice2010 Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 11:32pm
post #2 of 13

Very beautiful and thoughtful, I think it looks awesome. icon_smile.gif

Corrie76 Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 11:49pm
post #3 of 13

Wow, table looked so cute and everything looked perfect like for a magazine spread! Who wouldn't want to order a cake from you after a tasting like that! icon_biggrin.gif

MissBlu Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 12:21am
post #4 of 13

Looks amazing! YUM thumbs_up.gif

weirkd Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 2:12am
post #5 of 13

I would of loved to see it but its saying the photo doesnt exist. Do you think one of the monitors took it down? Maybe find another location like flickr to show it?

ConfectionsCC Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 3:49am
post #6 of 13

Ok, the photos were removed because they only allow decorated cakes, cupcakes, and cookies icon_confused.gif THEY WERE DECORATED!!!! Nothing on that table was "raw" I MUST PROTEST, THESE PHOTOS DID NOT DESERVE TO BE REMOVED! What is the difference in someone displaying a cupcake stand with a small cake topper to match the them of the party? My cakes went with the decor that surrounded them; simple, plain, yes, but beautifully decorated. I personally feel these were the best examples of cakes and cupcakes I have provided so far! So Moderators, if you are reading, PLEASE RE-POST MY PICTURES! I KNOW FOR A FACT that there are many newbies looking for pictures like these, even pro's who would like fresh ideas who could benefit from these photos!

mcdonald Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 4:08am
post #7 of 13

confused.... what is the difference in one decorated cake on a table vs. several on a decorated table?? Just wondering......not starting anything... just asking!

Corrie76 Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 4:09am
post #8 of 13

thumbsdown.gif BOOO!!! Sometimes I get so mad about the pictures being "moderated"....glad I got to see the pic before it went off. I guess you could try cropping one of the photos so that it's just a close-up of one of the cupcakes or one of the mini-cakes and then add the rest in the additional pictures....

ConfectionsCC Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 4:18am
post #9 of 13

Well, I responded to the PM respectfully as I could, my feelings are a bit hurt thought because I did work SO hard on it, BUT since CC won't allow me yet to post the photos, im uploading to photobucket! I hope that sharing these photos will allow others to gain knowledge on how to coordinate their tastings, as well as maybe even give some pro's some fresh ideas to make their tastings fun again icon_biggrin.gif The main reason for posting the photos is because of the simple fact that I searched for DAYS for some type of visual set up that could give me an idea of how to do this tasting, tastefully! I may post again, titling, IDEAS FOR BRIDAL TASTING in a thread, not on photos icon_sad.gif I hope all that get a chance to look enjoy!
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc462/confectionscustomcakes/
Please someone let me know if this link doesn't work, I am not all that computer literate sometimes icon_razz.gif

Buttercream_warrior Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 4:30am
post #10 of 13

i got to see it with the link you put up..very nice!!

ConfectionsCC Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 4:33am
post #11 of 13

Thank you all for your kind comments! I am super proud of my work, even if its not the most "HIGH END" or "PROFESSIONAL" tasting spread ever done; its mine, and the bride, groom, MOB and bride's best friend were all very impressed which meant a lot to me! I would like to hope this inspires others to post pictures of their tastings set ups so that other newbies can get an idea how to do this tastefully! SO PROS WHO HAVE PICS, POST THEM NOW! ID LOVE TO SEE HOW YOU DO IT TOO icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

tryingcake Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 4:55am
post #12 of 13

I was just getting ready to tell you to post ion another site and link it here... then I read that you did just that. Pooey on that very stupid rule.

It looks wonderful. Honestly, I think you way over and beyond. Awesome job!!

JanH Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 8:39am
post #13 of 13

Moderators are unpaid, volunteer members who were asked to accept these positions in order to share our love of the site. We try to help other members utilize the site in order to enhance their CC experience.

Sorry it's not working for you, but moderators have to follow the guidelines we're given.

The guidelines for the photo galleries do not include plain (no decorations, only frosted) photos*:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=602605

If you have problems/issues following Jackie & Heath's guidlelines, please pm Heath directly.

*Additionally, just because the attachment feature to a post isn't currently available doesn't change the photo gallery posting guidelines.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%