Nace Meeting With Geoff From Ace Of Cakes And Cupcake Ideas

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 17 Jan 2011 , 4:09pm by sccandwbfan

loriemoms Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 7

I just had to post that Geoff will be speaking at our NACE meeting this week..we are doing a demo cake (5 bakeries were selected to do demos) and man, both me and my assistant are alittle nervous! I can't wait to meet him...will try to get a photo with him. (I hope he doesnt judge our cakes! hahahaha!) I want to ask him a million questions...but I am sure there will be a long line!

Anyway, we have to serve 100 cupcakes or so...any ideas on how to make them different in decoration>? I thought of edible images with our logo on top, but we are thinking that maybe tacky. I did these chocolate disks on top of cupcakes for a wedding a while back, was thinking maybe those without name on them? The girls in the shop outvoted me on the little mini cupcakes because we do such wonderful filled cupcakes.

6 replies
sccandwbfan Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 7

Exciting!! icon_smile.gif No help, but I thought I would just say that I could agree with you too. Duff hates cupcakes according to his show after they renigged the biggest cupcake world record from him. icon_smile.gif

greengyrl26 Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 10:30pm
post #3 of 7

I've met him and had my photo taken with him. He's super nice and stayed around longer than he was scheduled, just to take photos!

loriemoms Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 2:51pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccandwbfan

Exciting!! icon_smile.gif No help, but I thought I would just say that I could agree with you too. Duff hates cupcakes according to his show after they renigged the biggest cupcake world record from him. icon_smile.gif

Duff isn't going to be there...we aren't doing cupcakes as a demo, but have been asked by NACE to serve cupcakes to the crowd.

The reason they renigged on the huge cupcake is that Duff cheated. a Cupcake is a large one piece cake..his cake was in pieces.

The reason he hates doing cupcakes is that he uses Bloggett ovens with high speed fans The cupcakes just don't come out right, they kind of look like someone blew on them!

Anyway, the demo is going to be a purse and suitcase cake.

loriemoms Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 2:52pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengyrl26

I've met him and had my photo taken with him. He's super nice and stayed around longer than he was scheduled, just to take photos!

Cool!! Everyone we know wants to know if they can come and we tell them they can't! hahaha!

We only have an hour to do our cake demo....so we are trying to do as much ahead of time!

ramie7224 Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 3:14pm
post #6 of 7

If you are doing a suitcase cake as part of your demo you could make marzipan or fondant travel stickers or shipping labels or whatever you call those things customs sticks on your luggage. You could do them in different colors or with different sayings on them for variation on your cupcakes.

sccandwbfan Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 4:09pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

The reason he hates doing cupcakes is that he uses Bloggett ovens with high speed fans The cupcakes just don't come out right, they kind of look like someone blew on them!

Wow, I've never heard of those types of ovens. Thank you for posting that so I can look into them. I love to know everything about baking. icon_smile.gif

Hope that your demo goes beyond your expectations. icon_smile.gif

Christy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%