Carrot Cake And Frosting

Baking By cakeandparty Updated 16 Jan 2011 , 6:09pm by Kiddiekakes

cakeandparty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandparty Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 2

I am making a carrot cake for my sister in-law, she is bringing it to a baby shower. Here is my problems:

1. I hate carrot cake! So I really don't know what a good one should taste like or look like. Do most recipes have raisins and nuts? or is that a personal choice thing?

2. My sister in-law has a really weird idea about deserts. She does not like sweet. She has her Aunt make her fruit pies with no sugar, (I think those pies taste horrible!) Her mom makes buttercream with minimal sugar, so it tastes like sweet butter, my sister in-law loves this.

3. She asked me to make the cream cheese frosting with lemon to make it more sour and less sweet???

So I am just starting out in my business, and she totally supports me, has ordered many cupcakes (my specialty) from me and tells all her friends.
I need to make a cake that will please her but still taste good to the other guests.

Any suggestions for cake and frosting to fulfill this order?

Thanks for the help in advance this is my first post after lots of lurking!

1 reply
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 2

Carrot cake is a personal thing with adding raisins,nuts etc...I would say leave out the raisins and nuts as most are not crazy about them and add more cinnamon or nutmeg for taste and a bit of zip..Try adding lemon to the Creamcheese icing and maybe less icing sugar so it is more cream cheese but that may be hard to spread/ice as it may be too thick...There is great recipes here on CC just have a look in the recipe section.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%