Anybody Try Sprinkles Cupcake Mix?

Decorating By neelycharmed Updated 16 Jan 2011 , 6:48pm by neelycharmed

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 3

Hi,
My Aunt is sending up a package and was going to put a sprinkles cupcake mix in the package for me...
Any reviews on the mix? Flavor? and which flavor is best..
Is it worth the money??
TIA,
Jodi

2 replies
shanney54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanney54 Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 3

I bought a tube of the chocolate mix to make cupcakes with for valentine's day last year. The only reason I bought it was because I went in Williams-Sonoma for the first time and felt compelled to buy something. lol I don't remember how much I paid for the mix, something crazy like $12 or so, but I do remember thinking after making them that I could have used Duncan Hines and wouldn't have been able to tell a difference. I didn't like the the trademark "dots" at all. And unless I did something really wrong it didn't make 12 cupcakes as listed. It ended up making around 8 or 9. I still have the frosting recipe that came inside the packaging. It was pretty good but I've found a different recipe to use. All in all, I had fun making the cupcakes but I'm not going to buy anymore. HTH icon_smile.gif

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the reply!
I was thinking the same thing (about DH)... I wondered if it was just glorified DH or BC lol
and the dots would just go in the garbage... I just always wanted to see what the hype was all about icon_rolleyes.gif
thanks again,
Jodi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%