Edible Paper Money - Where To Buy??

Decorating By mrsmudrash Updated 16 Jan 2011 , 6:56pm by MissLisa

mrsmudrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmudrash Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know a company that sells real looking edible paper money? I've been looking all over! I don't have an edible printer so I need to buy some from somewhere?? Help!

Thanks!

P.S...edible real looking chocolate coins too...anyone know if people make those???

8 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 9

Gosh, I just made some when had my edible ink printer. Do any of the grocery or cake deco stores in your area make EIs? You can just take in some real money, they'll lay it on the printer screen, load in the wafer paper and hit print. It's totally simple - IF you've got the printer.

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 9

You can go to any grocery store bakery that does edible images (they usually cost around $6.00/sheet in my area) and have them directly scan the dollar (or whatever denomination) on their scanner and then just cut it out. Also, I have a candy store in a mall near me that sells the chocolate coins like the ones in my Pot of Gold cake http://classycakes.org/images/potofgold.jpg.
Good luck!

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 8:10pm
post #4 of 9

LOL i see that Leah beat me to it thumbs_up.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 5:06am
post #5 of 9

I don't think you're allowed to copy money. I doubt the government differentiates between edible images and regular copy paper. Your best bet is to buy some cheap play money in the toy aisle and have your grocery store baker make an edible image using that.

mrsmudrash Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 6:33am
post #6 of 9

Nice! I hadn't thought of calling the local grocery stores! I'll be doing that soon! Our local cake shop charges $9...I was trying to find something less expensive! icon_smile.gif

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 7:07am
post #7 of 9

I dont think the government cares if it is for a cake lol. She not going to try to pay for something with an icing sheet!!

mrsmudrash Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 6:17pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweetheart-

I dont think the government cares if it is for a cake lol. She not going to try to pay for something with an icing sheet!!

icon_biggrin.gif Wouldn't that be funny if Obama showed up at the auction and his secret service men took it away! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

MissLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLisa Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 6:56pm
post #9 of 9

You can copy money..........only one sided and 25% larger/smaller than the original size.

YEARS ago, when color copiers became the norm, we got one at work and everyone was sooo intrigued by it. One of my employees copied a 20 dollar bill (front side only) just to see how it came out. It was a bit pixilated but looked pretty decent. He thought he was so funny.....he cut it out and put it in his wallet. Of course, he was a kid and when he came to work the next day the $20 was missing from his wallet..........seems he threw it in the pot to cover the bar tab the night before and didn't realize it was the copy. Hmmm maybe a bit too much to drink before paying the tab! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%