Bridal Show Follow-Up

Business By suzylynn58 Updated 31 Jan 2011 , 1:22pm by indydebi

suzylynn58 Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 12:01pm
post #1 of 5

I want to send out postcards to the brides from a bridal show I participated in last weekend but can't come up with the wording I want to use. I'm printing them in Vistaprint.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

4 replies
Annabakescakes Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 5

IDK, But I hope someone does! This is a really good question icon_wink.gif

MicheleH Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 2:26am
post #3 of 5

Postcards are a good idea! Less postage. I just did a bridal show a few weeks ago and sent out letters to brides just saying something along the lines of : thank you for visiting my booth at the bridal fair, i hope you had the chance to try my samples, visit my website, free consultation, etc. Hope that helps!

HarleyDee Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 3:14am
post #4 of 5

What Michele said. I thank them for visiting my booth, and let them know that I do a free initial consultation. If I send out postcards I keep the info short.. brides won't read something with paragraphs of info. If I send an email, I can throw a little more in there before they get tired of reading.

indydebi Posted 31 Jan 2011 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 5

caution: If you send a postcard that says "Thanks for visiting my booth" .... and they didn't visit your booth, then many are insulted by getting a generic card; by the idea that you THINK you talked to them and didn't. Brides can be funny, sometimes, and many hate to think that they are NOT the most memorable person and how dare you not recall that out of the 500 brides that came by your booth that day! icon_lol.gif

I kept mine very show-focused: "Thanks for visiting the blah-blah bridal show. I hope you found lots of great ideas for your wedding as you go thru the planning process. Attached is some add'l information for your planning book. Once you've had a chance to look it over, give us a call to schedule your private sampling appt. Our appt slots fill up quickly after these shows, so call early to secure your time with us!"

I acknowledged they were at the show; I offered "add'l" info "for your wedding", and closed with a call-to-action (call for appt).

If I did recall talking to them (notes taken at the booth), then I added a line to personalize it. And I put out extra effort to try to collect SOME piece of info about them so I could personalize it. Even something as simple as "It was great talking to you and your mom!" or "I'm still telling my friends about your cute flower girl who loved my cake!"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%