1.14.11 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 16 Jan 2011 , 12:42am by sari66

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 6:55am
post #31 of 42

Will be an all nighter; just got all my fondant made and haven't even started making frosting-I LOATHE making frosting!

BTW, does anyone know of a recipe to duplicate BETTERCREME like Rich's that GFS sells? I have customers who specifically want that and the price has gone up dramatically-it's now $5 a carton!

I had a half sheet winter birthday cake due this (Friday) am; working on Teddy Bear cookies, a Teddy Bear cake laying on gifts holding a cupcake balloon bouquet, a Teddy Bear Smash cake - all for tomorrow. I'm excited it's for the little guy I watch 2 days a week; he is sooo sweet and I love him like he was mine! Then, just to make it a little more insane, after Henry's 1st Birthday party, I come home to make a butterfly cake and two 2-layer half sheet cakes to feed 200 people for my first ever 100th birthday due at a church Sunday am.

After that, I pray I haven't put myself in a fibromyalgia flare-up and crash on Sunday after church!

Better get back to the decorating, I had to have a snack break.

Have a good weekend everyone, and if anyone could give me a recipe for Bettercreme (not Buttercream), I would be ever so grateful! icon_smile.gif

FEIwannabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FEIwannabe Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 7:11am
post #32 of 42

Just finished a 2 tier winter theme birthday cake for my horse. She's 18 years old (cake is for the people).
Had some batter left from the top tier so I made a dozen cupcakes too.

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 8:42am
post #33 of 42

finished and delivered two purse cakes today! one coach bag, one juicy couture bag. after i delivered the coach bag, though, i realized they had asked for make up to be placed around the bag. good thing it was a good family friend and she didn't mind my mistake! ahhhhh i felt horrible =/ but i love the way the juicy bag came out!

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1913003
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1913004

oh! and i used my cricut cake excessively for both these cakes =D i got it almost a year ago (right when it came out) and i still love it til this day! idk how i would have cut out all those c's without it icon_wink.gif

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 10:06am
post #34 of 42

Okay, had to take a little break to eat my dinner icon_smile.gif

I just finished a batch of IMBC, a batch of Choc. Hazelnut buttercream, and some homemade Amaretto.

I want to make a filling with cherry preserves....could I heat the preserves and add a powdered cherry jello mix?

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 12:25pm
post #35 of 42

Cupcakesnbuttercream: that sounds like a lot of cherry flavor. Why not just the preserves?

Thanks for all tips on the ball tool! I fell asleep on the couch. I'll be back at it again today (Saturday) and I'll pick up a metal one the next time I'm shopping for cake toys.

If you are having trouble getting into cakecentral, try using Google Chrome. I couldn't get in for tow days this week using Explorer. I got desperate and opened Chrome instead (my son-in-law had installed it on my laptop but I generally don't use it). I got right in without all the backend error messages and such.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 4:04pm
post #37 of 42
Quote:

And to think, I knew her before she was a TV star. Great video. Do you have copies? Send me one! I may need it one day.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 4:05pm
post #38 of 42
Quote:

It did e-link but nothing show but the fox41.com blue page icon_cry.gif do it again pleeaassee!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 4:10pm
post #39 of 42

It took a couple of minutes to come up for me. I stared at blue page until then. Give it another try. And there are two interviews on there. LeahS is the second one.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 4:57pm
post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

It took a couple of minutes to come up for me. I stared at blue page until then. Give it another try. And there are two interviews on there. LeahS is the second one.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

I tried again and even went to the bathroom...lol and came back and still the same icon_cry.gif is there another link to the fox 41?

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 5:28pm
post #41 of 42

Woo hoo! That was great, Leah! Very professional. The difference in the two slices of cake was very obvious. Way to represent!

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 12:42am
post #42 of 42

Very cool Leah, nice job

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%