Putting Choc Chips On Top Of Batter?

Baking By JenniferMc Updated 17 Jan 2011 , 4:00pm by aprilismaius

JenniferMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMc Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 2:36am
post #1 of 8

Thinking of putting about a tablespoon of mini choc chips on top of my choc cupcake batter before baking them.
Has anyone done this? How does it turn out? does the chocolate chips sink or melt on top?
Thanks icon_smile.gif

7 replies
simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 2:40am
post #2 of 8

I usually hand drop 4-5 reg size chips on top and use a toothpick to twirl them in just a little. Mine don't melt when baking but they do add a wonderful extra chocolate kick! Love love adding them to my red velvet cuppies!!

Vanessa7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanessa7 Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 2:41am
post #3 of 8

Go ahead and mix them in the batter. I do the "Darn Good Chocolate Cake" recipe which calls for a bag of mini chocolate chips in the batter and it is to die for. A wonderful chocolate surprise in every bite.

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 2:43am
post #4 of 8

I have found that if you take your chocolate chips & coat them lightly in flour THEN put them on the batter, they do not sink. HTH

karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 2:59am
post #5 of 8

A handful of chocolate chips (can be regular sized) amps up any brownie recipe, too. YUM!

JenniferMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMc Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 4:58am
post #6 of 8

Great ideas! Thanks! I will have to expeiriment!! Also want to try adding a teaspoon of Nutella atop my batter! That has to be good icon_smile.gif

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 5:06am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMc

Great ideas! Thanks! I will have to expeiriment!! Also want to try adding a teaspoon of Nutella atop my batter! That has to be good icon_smile.gif

Nutella atop ANYTHING is good!!! Nutella is probably my favorite dessert type food ever!!

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 4:00pm
post #8 of 8

I second KATHIESKREATIONS. Coat them well with flour first, or they will sink to the bottom of your cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%