Fondant Or Bc?

Decorating By saberger Updated 14 Jan 2011 , 9:38pm by Corrie76

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone,

I am donating sheet cakes for an event as well as a display cake (which I will bring home with me). There will be over 300 people there, including event planners, etc. So my question is....should I cover these in fondant or leave them with BC? I'd like for them to try my fondant so they know how yummy it is, but looking at it from a time/biz and $ factor...I'm not sure if it makes sense or not.

Any thoughts or opinions would be MOST appreciated!! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Mb20fan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mb20fan Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberger

Hi Everyone,

I am donating sheet cakes for an event as well as a display cake...

If you are doing more than one sheet cake, could you do split it half BC and half in fondant? Just a thought... icon_smile.gif

saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 4

Well, I am donating 4 of them, so I guess I could do two of them in fondant. Hadn't thought of that. Now which one? I was thinking of making pink champagne, carrot, red velvet, and chocolate. Or should I change the flavors?

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 4

you could ice the cakes in BC and then put fondant accents on the cake, that way everyone might get at least a little piece of fondant. I was thinking if you are doing big sheet cakes they could be scored with a little fondant flower on each slice. As far as flavors go - yours sound like a good mix, of course where I'm from, I'd for sure have to do one or two of them in white cake as most around here are afraid of trying "exotic flavors"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%