Damask Stencils Or Any Other Cheaper Stencil Sets

Decorating By DeeDelightful Updated 15 Jan 2011 , 8:28pm by Buttercream_warrior

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 5:02pm
post #1 of 7

I am in a hurry to find a stencil set for a 3 tier cake. I've searched online and the ones I found are SO expensive. Does anyone know of a cheaper place to order cake stencils? Any other ideas for getting that stenciled look on th sides of a cake? Thanks.

6 replies
tmgarcia_98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmgarcia_98 Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 5:19pm
post #2 of 7

I haven't bought one yet, but I have read online to use wall stencils, instead. I googled damask border stencil, and here are some that I found:

http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/itemdetail.pl?item=PLA-26825

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 7

The problem with those is the size - the one posted above is 8x16 - too big for a cake, IMO.

One alternative is that you can cut one - do you know anyone who has a cricut? You can use that to cut one.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 7

they have a damask stencil at AC moore for $2 they have about 5 different ones, several different sizes/styles.......ranging from $2-$15

K1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
K1976 Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 7

You can make a copy of your image and laminate it, then cut out the details with Xacto knife. Hth

kathyw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyw Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 8:19pm
post #6 of 7

I bought the set from Bargain Stencils (the same company as Designer Stencils). The only difference is the thickness and color of the stencil. Much much cheaper and seems to works just as well (just be gentle). HTH.

Buttercream_warrior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Buttercream_warrior Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 8:28pm
post #7 of 7

ive made many stencil cakes with regular stencils i bought at hobby lobby!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%