Anyone Want To Share Worst Cake Story

Lounge By cakelady2266 Updated 14 Jan 2011 , 2:33pm by indydebi

cakelady2266 Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 6:42am
post #1 of 2

Sometimes we all have war stories to tell....What is your worst cake story?

One of mine happened about 14 years ago...a caterer friend I did cakes for called and gave me an order for a birthday cake for an "important" customer of hers. She told me how many to make it for and do something "special" and deliver it. I did a 2 tier vanilla hex with lots of handmade flowers, it was so pretty. I delivered the cake to the party, set it up on a pedestal collected my money and left. About a week later the caterer called me and said she had gotten a call from the "important" customer about the cake. She said the cake was burned black, dry, inedible and couldn't be served to her very important guest. She had even saved a piece to show the caterer if she wanted to see it. I offered her money back but she said no the customer only wanted her to know so she could find a more qualified cake person.

I was devastated beyond words. I may be dumb but not so dumb that I couldn't recognize a black burned cake. I was sick.

A few days later I went for a hair cut. The lady that did my hair knew something was wrong with me so I told her the story. She got the strangest look on her face. I didn't know it but she was friends with the "important" customer. Not only had she had been at the party the entire time, she served the cake but not my cake. My cake was never cut at all. The "important" customer had a co-worker who's wife had taken a few cake classes and brought a cake she decorated as a surprise. They NEVER cut my cake but used it as a centerpiece. The "important" friend was trying to get this lady a job with the lying about me.

Here is the kicker....about 10 years ago the "important" lying bitch called and wanted me to make her daughters bride and grooms cake. I told her I was busy that day even though I didn't know when it was. She called the caterer the "important" customer said she just couldn't have anybody doing her cake but lie this went on for days. Until I finally said I would do it for double the money and I could stay and take a picture of the cut cake. Because any "burned" issues would be handle in court.

Any one else care to share????

1 reply
indydebi Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 2:33pm
post #2 of 2

wow, I got nuthin' that can top that story! icon_surprised.gif That's amazing what people will do!

Quote by @%username% on %date%