Can Anyone Help?

Decorating By katiebethsmomma Updated 14 Jan 2011 , 1:30pm by poohsmomma

katiebethsmomma Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 4:41am
post #1 of 3

Hello...I'm kinda new here. Been browsing for a while and using some ideas for cakes and such. I'm not a pro, but really not quite a beginner either. Please forgive if this should be in a different category...I'm not sure!! icon_smile.gif I was watching WEtv the other day (didn't know we even had it?) and saw this show called Amazing Wedding Cakes. Wow. All I can say is wow. I thought I made some cool cakes, but those things were daggone AWESOME!!! I was very fond of the one made like a champagne bottle in an ice bucket....very cool! However, the one that has me baffled and my creative juices flowing was the bobble head cake. No really....a cake made like a footballl player and the dang head actually bobbled. I was astounded and think this was so neat! Does anyone have a clue how to do this? I would insert a picture, but...sigh....I dunno how! Thanks everyone!
(I tried...maybe it worked?)

2 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 5:42am
post #2 of 3

I know the episode you're writing about. That is one of my faves from that show.

I thought they briefly showed how they made the support structure and bobble for the head, but I could be wrong. I would like more specific information on that one, too.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

poohsmomma Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 1:30pm
post #3 of 3

We actually had a CC member make a bobble head cake a while back. I don't remember the decorator's name, but maybe someone else on CC does.

Quote by @%username% on %date%