How Long Can You Store Gelatin Butterflies?

Lounge By princesscatt Updated 24 Feb 2011 , 1:34am by princesscatt

princesscatt Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 2:19am
post #1 of 9

I need to make a large amount of gelatin butterflies and would like to start making them ahead of time. Can I make them and store the wings in a container??

8 replies
Loucinda Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 2:52am
post #2 of 9

I have some that I made almost 2 years ago, they are in a sealed ziploc bag. As long as they are completely dry, they last a VERY long time.

cabecakes Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 9

Are there instructions here for making gelatin butterflies? I have a little girl that would like butterflies on her cake at the end of this month.

princesscatt Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 2:14pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecakes

Are there instructions here for making gelatin butterflies? I have a little girl that would like butterflies on her cake at the end of this month.

I believe there is a tutorial on here. If not Cake Connection makes the veiners and has a tutorial on her sight.

Loucinda Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 9
CakeCrystals Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 8:20pm
post #6 of 9

Hi all. I am trying to find the web link for the butterfly veiner sheet or a video tutorial for making gelatin butterflies. Can someone help?

princesscatt Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 1:29am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

Here you go - LOTS of info in here:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=630413

Question for you.. have you made the gelatin butterflies yet? If so do you think it's easier to attach them to royal icing bodies or fondant? I'm doing a cake decorating party for some 8 year olds and the butterfiles are part of the instruction, just trying to figure out what would be easier for them to do.

Loucinda Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 11:08pm
post #8 of 9

IMO, it would be easier for them to attach them to a royal icing body....pipe the body, and still the wings in there before it hardens.

princesscatt Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 1:34am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

IMO, it would be easier for them to attach them to a royal icing body....pipe the body, and still the wings in there before it hardens.

the more I think about it the more I agree...plus it will give the kids more hands on with their cakes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%