It's Back!!! Cupcake Courier @ Costco!!

Baking By KATHIESKREATIONS Updated 26 Sep 2011 , 5:09pm by MollyG418

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 16

It's back! icon_biggrin.gif The 36 Cupcake Courier sold at Costco for $17.00. It also comes with 3 shelf liners for using for other things such as cookies!! Originally sold for $32.00 at other places. I only saw the clear/white & the blue this time. Hurry while supplies last. Don't forget you can also add a frozen cold pack to this courier to help keep items cold when needed. thumbs_up.gif

15 replies
holliellen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holliellen Posted 26 Jan 2011 , 10:51pm
post #2 of 16

I'm getting one or two!.............or 3!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 12:24am
post #3 of 16

Thanks for the tip! icon_smile.gif

cakesherry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesherry Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 16

I looked on their website and didn't see it...does anyone have a link?

DH2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DH2008 Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 4:42pm
post #5 of 16

I got one the last time they had it & love mine. Works great for tall cakes when you remove the shelves thumbs_up.gif

FrenchCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrenchCakes Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 3:54pm
post #6 of 16

Got mine today. Thanks for the tip!
They had white or blue and $17.99 each.
icon_razz.gif

Paisly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paisly Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 1:25am
post #7 of 16

Thanks so much I just so happened to be going to Coscto yesterday and I bought one. Love it used it today.

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 30 Jan 2011 , 1:47am
post #8 of 16

What's it look like?

j0z1e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j0z1e Posted 3 Feb 2011 , 7:21pm
post #9 of 16

Awww, I was just there on Friday (in Spokane, WA) and didn't see it icon_sad.gif I hope it wasn't just a case of me being blind and not seeing something right in front of me again, happens way more than I like to admit shhh.gif

shecca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shecca Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 3:01am
post #10 of 16

I just bought the cupcake courier and love it for the convenience, but I used it to bring cupcakes to work today and it was a disaster. The cupcakes were red velvet with cream cheese frosting and fondant accents. I put the cupcakes in the carrier last night and this morning they were fine but by the time I got to work most of the fondant accents melted somewhat and were sliding across the cupcakes. I live in Florida and it was pretty humid today, but I'm wondering if airtight containers are not the best option. Is it better to store/transport cupcakes in cardboard boxes when you live in the south?

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 3:24am
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by shecca

I just bought the cupcake courier and love it for the convenience, but I used it to bring cupcakes to work today and it was a disaster. The cupcakes were red velvet with cream cheese frosting and fondant accents. I put the cupcakes in the carrier last night and this morning they were fine but by the time I got to work most of the fondant accents melted somewhat and were sliding across the cupcakes. I live in Florida and it was pretty humid today, but I'm wondering if airtight containers are not the best option. Is it better to store/transport cupcakes in cardboard boxes when you live in the south?

Humidity + fondant + air tight + cream cheese = baaaddd!! I too am a good ol FL gal and yeah i once had the brilliant plan to stick a cake in my cake carrier and seal it. Totally fine in my nice air conditioned house but when I delivered said cake well let's just say hit molten lava couldnt have ruined it any worse!!

Im not saying its a waste, by all means try it w just BC, try it on a cool day, and maybe try it while praying??? Lol GL

mrsmudrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmudrash Posted 14 Feb 2011 , 2:53am
post #12 of 16

I love mine too...BUT, there is one issue I have with it! I tend to put a big swirl of frosting on top of my cupcakes and the last time I tried to use it, the swirls were too tall and they got all squished!!! icon_sad.gif So, if you're doing lower swirls, then you're good...but medium to higher swirls is a no go!! Just an FYI!

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 19 Feb 2011 , 9:03pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmudrash

I love mine too...BUT, there is one issue I have with it! I tend to put a big swirl of frosting on top of my cupcakes and the last time I tried to use it, the swirls were too tall and they got all squished!!! icon_sad.gif So, if you're doing lower swirls, then you're good...but medium to higher swirls is a no go!! Just an FYI!

I agree.

I always see them at the Costco I go to....they are right at the front door! I finally got one a few weeks ago....It's already had LOTS of use!

erikamc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erikamc Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 7:11pm
post #14 of 16

Is this cupcake courier at Costco an item that they normally carry? I bought one this year then I saw them on clearance for 11.99. I was tempted to get another or two but I already have two. I regret it now because I'm making 120 cupcakes for my niece's party and I could have used more to transport. Been hoping they get more in. Please if anybody knows if this is a seasonal item that will be back let me know. Thanks

ucbc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ucbc Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 12:45am
post #15 of 16

Does anyone else have trouble getting the cupcakes out without smushing the frosting? That's my only complaint about these. I emailed them a while back and they were planning on making inserts for mini cupcakes that you could purchase. The minis supposedly will have indentions for fingers so you can get them out easier.

MollyG418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyG418 Posted 26 Sep 2011 , 5:09pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Quote:

Does anyone else have trouble getting the cupcakes out without smushing the frosting? That's my only complaint about these. I emailed them a while back and they were planning on making inserts for mini cupcakes that you could purchase. The minis supposedly will have indentions for fingers so you can get them out easier.

I love this carrier but I was having the same problem - so this weekend before my first big wedding delivery my engineer husband came up with a brilliant idea - he took all the trays into the garage and drilled a 1/2" hole in the bottom of each cup so you can lift the bottom of the cakes out and grab them without getting frosting all over your fingers. Also, this left a teeny bit more clearance for my tall frosting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%