Gum Paste Figures

Decorating By Lizmybit Updated 13 Jan 2011 , 6:48pm by Lizmybit

Lizmybit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizmybit Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 5

Anyone have any tips on how to start doing them? I've never tried and I have an order for a Mario Brothers Cake. Thinking I"d like to try and make them with gum paste

4 replies
silverdragon997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverdragon997 Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 5

I made a Mario Bros. cake, and I found a video on making the Mario Bros. figures on YouTube. You can probably find some basic videos on gumpaste figures there as well to get you started.

Lizmybit Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 5

Silverdragon, did you make those figures? I found that video a couple of days ago and all she really shows you are the arms and legs. I don't know the first thing about doing a figure. Not sure I should start with that. Seems pretty difficult.

silverdragon997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverdragon997 Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 5

I did make the figures. I used her video as more of a guide, because I've made figures before.

Here's a video that I found helpful on making the faces:

On the side, there are links to some other videos on making gumpaste figures. Basically, I just watched a bunch of the videos, and picked the techniques that looked easiest to me, and went from there. For me, the hands are by far the hardest part. I'm still not great at that.

HTH

Lizmybit Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks! I think for now since I only have a week I'm going to stick with this cake. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%