Lights On The Cake!

Decorating By sebrina Updated 15 Jan 2011 , 11:22pm by Corrie76

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 5

I have someone requesting a wedding cake with a strand of lights cascading down the front, behind snowflakes. Any advise on adding lights to a cake??? I am afraid of the lights getting too warm. Or the cord showing. Or just the idea of that non-food safe cord, touching my cake! icon_confused.gif any help would be MUCH appreciated! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 11:37pm
post #2 of 5

you could use small LEDs, they don't get hot. I live in CHina and found a supplier, who sold me a couple. I case them in gumpaste, so they don't touch the cake

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 1:47am
post #3 of 5

I buy the small LED lights at Walmart (they are waterproof) and don't get very hot and last many hours. I wrap them in saran. I used them on my traffic cake, my glowworm cake and on my no vacancy sign on my stocking cake.

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you! I think I'll try to find the small lights at Walmart.

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 11:22pm
post #5 of 5

you may want to check out stores that sell supplies for miniature trains or doll house crafts, they could probably help you with battery powered tiny lights. Another thought too is to consider using those battery powered fake tea lites- they're small, no cords and don't get hot, plus they are cheap.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%