Wedding Cake Prices

Decorating By sburkeen Updated 13 Jan 2011 , 4:30am by CWR41

sburkeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sburkeen Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 4:04am
post #1 of 3

I'm fixing to do my first wedding cake. I've been doing cakes on the side now for a little over a year. The demand for my cakes is growing, rapidly! I've gone from doing a couple every month or so to doing 11 jsut in November. My husband says that I'm not confident enough in my ability to make great cakes and that's why I don't charge enough when obviously I'm doing a good job and my cakes are good. Should I charge per/serving for the wedding cake? If so, any hints on how much?

2 replies
LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 4:17am
post #2 of 3

How much to charge depends on a lot of different factors- cost of materials, complexity of design, how much you estimate your time to be worth per hour, how much other businesses in your area charge (you don't want to undercut your competition). Just as an example, we charge 3.75 per serving for a basic flavor, basic design buttercream wedding cake. Fondant is $1.00 more per serving. Then it can go up from there depending on how complicated the design is, i.e. gumpaste flowers, intricate piping, etc.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 4:30am
post #3 of 3

It also depends on if you live in a state that allows legally licensed home kitchens...
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=586218

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%