Do You Have A Blog?

Lounge By princesscatt Updated 12 Jan 2011 , 5:00pm by jillmakescakes

princesscatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscatt Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 7

I am interested in starting a blog to display my cakes and other fun stuff...anyone have a blog? Where do I start?? How does it work??

6 replies
brensmom12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brensmom12 Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 4:22pm
post #2 of 7

There are some great sites that are free to help you build your blog. I have one at weebly (iheartcakeva.weebly.com). Its ok, but I really like wordpress.com. I prefer the templates on that site better than weebly.

sweeteats0919 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteats0919 Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 7

I use blogger and i think its pretty easy to use. If you have a google account then all you have to do is log in and pick your blog name. I love blogging it is fun to keep a running record of your cakes and get feedback from others.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 4:32pm
post #4 of 7

I have a blog I started last Fall. I use blogger because it\\'s user friendly. I first tried wordpress but couldn\\'t get it to do ANYTHING (it\\'s designed for people with graphic design backgrounds). I\\'m still learning but having fun in the process! icon_biggrin.gif

BillieH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BillieH Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 7

Another CC user posted her website not so long ago. She uses Shutterfly\\'s Share Site. It\\'s very easy to use. I started one myself.

http://alittlecakehobby.shutterfly.com/

The only problem I have with this site is sometimes it gets redirected to shuttfly\\'s main page and you have to try the link again. I also started a blogger page but never got around to doing anything with it.

Here is the original thread from the CC\\'er who I got the idea from.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=705929&highlight=

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 4:45pm
post #6 of 7

i use my Blogger blog to chart my learning progress. i prefer Blogger because it\\'s under google, and i use other google things that integrate easily with it. for example, it links in to Picasa, which is google\\'s photo host (1 GB free to google users).

have fun! it\\'s a great way to share your experiences with others!

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 5:00pm
post #7 of 7

got one too! I also use blogger, just \\'cause its easy.

I use my blog as a way to educate my customers, share new info, and keep them updated on the goings on in our shop.

I find that more people read it than I realize when they call and say \\"I saw your blog post.....\\" it feels good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%