Fuchsia

Decorating By ArtwithFlour Updated 16 Jan 2011 , 10:26pm by cakelady2266

ArtwithFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtwithFlour Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 6:35am
post #1 of 2

Hello,

I have been trying to tint gum psate to a Fuchsia colour all day without any luck. I am trying to match the rose paste colour but it is turning out salmon coloured. Could you please help me? I need to make fuchsia gum paste roses for a wedding cake and I can\\'t get anywhere near a fuchsia or bright pink colour.

I have tried mixing gum paste with rose paste but can\\'t get it to match the colour on the jar.

I have tried mixing burgundy paste with gum paste but it\\'s not coming out fuchsia either.

I have tried mixing neon pink fondant with gumpaste.

Neon pink fondant with gumpaste and rose colour.

Neon pink fondant, neon purple fndant and gumpaste.

No taste red with violet and gum paste.

I have tried all of these things and I am not getting any good pink colours. I would be happy with just a bright pink.

I have used the rose colour with buttercream before and had teriffic results but I can\\'t get the gum paste anywhere close to a vibrant pink.

I have even tried 2 different jars of Rose paste. The first jar made my gum paste very orange/pink but I think I may have gone too far adding the paste and gone past the right shade. But it never did come through.

Should I be resting the gumpaste over night after I tint it?

I know the colour is out there because I have lots of piping bags that are permanently stained the colour I want but I just can\\'t seem to get the gum paste the right colour.

I am desperate for any bit of advice. I have many roses to make and the wedding is 10 days away.

Thank you for reading
Kristen

1 reply
cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 2

If you can find it Cake Craft makes a fuchsia color. It's a great brand and the only one I use anymore. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%