Blocked On Flickr....

Lounge By cupcakesnbuttercream Updated 12 Jan 2011 , 11:00pm by AnotherCaker

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 12:39am
post #1 of 4

I was checking out the Flower Tutorial thread and found a link to flickr. I tried to \\'Favorite\\' the photo, because I remember that person being one of my first \\'contacts\\'. Anyway, there was no option to favorite the photo. I went to the profile and it said that I had been blocked by that person.

I\\'m a bit confused as to why someone would block me, I only post positive comments on photos.....idk, I just found that weird and wanted to kind of get it \\'off my chest\\'. Oh well.

3 replies
emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 4

[quote=\\"cupcakesnbuttercream\\"]I was checking out the Flower Tutorial thread and found a link to flickr. I tried to Favorite the photo, because I remember that person being one of my first contacts. Anyway, there was no option to favorite the photo. I went to the profile and it said that I had been blocked by that person.

Im a bit confused as to why someone would block me, I only post positive comments on photos.....idk, I just found that weird and wanted to kind of get it off my chest. Oh well.[/quote]

Some decorators, especially those who are more well known, have started blocking access to allow favorites or copying/saving their photos to all people, not just specific ones.

Are you sure it has nothing to do with YOU personally but rather someone just locking down access to all their stuff to everyone?

I would not take it personally. icon_smile.gif

KimberleysOven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimberleysOven Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 4

I was blocked by someone that I had added as a contact on an old account that I closed down. When I set up my current account, I added them again and because I did that before loading any photos, they blocked me!

AnotherCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCaker Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 11:00pm
post #4 of 4

I will block anyone who favorites my stuff, or adds it to a gallery when they have absolutely no public photos themselves. If they have nothing to share, then I have nothing to share.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%