Alf ( Gumpaste?) Tutorial Search

Decorating By dalis4joe Updated 16 Jan 2011 , 4:42pm by dalis4joe

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 7

Believe it or not... I have been asked to make an ALF cake lol I can remember Alf when I was a little girl lol
I am really looking forward to making this cause it's gonna take me back to my childhood.... anyways first we talked about making it a carved cake but after they decided to go with half chocolate and half vanilla cake I adviced them the best way would be to make it a regular shape and do a scene on top with Alf and a spaceship.
I will make a half round cake ( Pyrex ) and make it look like the moon with the crates and stuff and make an spoaceship from back in the days ( the old fashiooned looking ones )

My ?: Does anyone have a tutorial on how to make ALF and/or the Spaceship? or even something sililar than I can use as a guide to get started... any and all help will be ( as always ) greatly appreciated...

BTW: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! & Thanks to everyone that help me and others here at cake central during the previous year 2010.... without this site I know I wouldn't be as good as I am today... thanks to everyone for always having a willing attitude and sharing information that we would have to otherwise pay hundreds of dollars to learn by taking classes...

You are all awesome!

Dalis

icon_biggrin.gifprincess.gif

6 replies
dalis4joe Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 7

anyone?

Kibosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kibosh Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 7

Sorry I can\\'t help you out personally, but I just saw an Alf cake posted on Cake Wreaks (but for good cakes). It was in the January postings I beleive, but not too sure which one.
Perhaps you can send the caker who did it an e-mail.

Also, have you checked on flikcr? Many times you can just send a msg and they\\'ll reply.
Sorry I couldn\\'t be of any more help.
But good luck. Your idea sounds awesome. Can\\'t wait to see pics!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 7

Look on Google images for pictures and make him just as you would any other figure. Here\\'s an episode it might show his space ship or parts of it.

http://www.fancast.com/tv/Alf/88308/776794887/Baby%2C-You-Can-Drive-My-Car/videos?cmpid=syn_rss

cakesnglass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesnglass Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 3:34pm
post #5 of 7

Check out passed episode of Next Great Baker (Cake Boss new series) on of the contestants made a moon, he textured it with royal icing and his gloved hands, after he sprayed it looked amazing.

dalis4joe Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 5:23pm
post #6 of 7

thanks you guys! I think I can use the info I got to get me started... icon_smile.gif

dalis4joe Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 4:42pm
post #7 of 7

I started...but ALF has me intimidated!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%