How Long Can I Keep A Decorated Cake?

Decorating By Mariposa77 Updated 11 Jan 2011 , 6:53pm by bluejeannes

Mariposa77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mariposa77 Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 3

My Twins' birthday parties are this weekend. I usually make my cakes the night before and make both cakes at the same time, but since I'm having separate parties for them this year I was wondering how to store them and how long.

For my son's party in the morning I'm using bc to decorate and berry (with real blueberries & strawberries) to fill. Once I have it iced/decorated can I keep it in the fridge overnight or best to leave at room temperature so it doesn't dry out?

For my daughter's party in the afternoon, I'm using bc crumb coat with strawberry preserves & buttercream filling and it will be covered in MMF. In the past when I have used fondant I decorated same day so I have no experience with refrigerating it once it's on the cake.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

2 replies
birdlady9771 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdlady9771 Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 6:21pm
post #2 of 3

You can store both on the counter overnight as long as it isn't too warm, or if you have room in the fridge. For the BC covered cake just take out atleast an hour before serving so it isn't too cold/hard to serve. For the fondant covered cake, give it a bit more time to come to room temp so the fondant isn't too sticky during the temp change from cold to room temp.

Enjoy!

bluejeannes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluejeannes Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 3

omgosh, I soooo know what you are going through! lol. I have twins (boy and girl) too! Every year they want me to make them each a cake. Last year I made a Cars cake for my son and a Barbie cake for my daughter. It was so much work! This year I just went with one.
Sorry I didn't help you with your question, just wanted to comment! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%