Cricut Cake Machine

Decorating By Amersroyal Updated 13 Jan 2011 , 4:21pm by Amersroyal

Amersroyal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amersroyal Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 5

I am in serious need of help with my cricut cake machine! I can not for the life of me, get a good cut! Everything seems to rip or tear. I fee like I have the blade positioning correct. I have tried MMF, Wilton Fondant, Gumpaste, 50/50, freezing it, leaving it out, crisco, etc. What am I doing wrong??? As we all know how expensive this darn machine is, I really want to be able to use it instead of keeping it hid in the closet. I was thrilled watching the infomercials and now it just seems like a total nightmare. I am not going to give up on it, but I am getting disappointed seeing everyone elses pretty cricut design cakes and I cant get the knack of it. Please help me!
Amy

4 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 5

Amy - don't give up. Do a search - there are three or four threads with lots of detailed information on what others have done successfully. I do not freeze my gumpaste before cutting - I just let it dry before loading into the Cricut (or Silhouette - I have both). Stick with a sturdy gumpaste to begin with - it is the easiest medium to cut and remove from the mat, IMHO. Roll the paste fairly thin and allow it to air-dry. It is very humid here, so I sometimes have to leave it out for an hour or more. I highly recommend Linda McClure's Creative Designs DVD available at Desseret Designs or at Global Sugar Art. It shows everything you need to know.

trishvanhoozer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishvanhoozer Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 5

I have the same problem with mine. And I got it right when it was released, so I paid full price! It sits down in the "cake closet" and never gets used. I hate it!! But my new years resolution was to either sell it or learn how to use it!! LOL

Mimi209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mimi209 Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 9:39pm
post #4 of 5

I agree with ibmoser on Linda McClure's DVD. I purchased her DVD after watching some of her videos on youtube. Awesome DVD, very helpful.

Amersroyal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amersroyal Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 4:21pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you! I will definitely look into getting this dvd. I need the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%