Someone Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By Daniela Updated 6 Sep 2005 , 12:33am by Daniela

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 10

Hi Everyone,
Today I attempted making a cake with MMF. I made the fondant last night and placed it an airtight container so that I could cover the cake today. Well I tried rollig out my MMF but it sticks everytime and I find that I have to re-knead it. I'm using cornstarch on the counter so that it doesn't stick. Could it be that I'm not putting enough? Now it's gotten hard and comes apart very easily. What can I do to make it better. I was thinking about adding more melted marshmellows so that it will hold together better. Please help me. I'm new at this and I'm very stressed out at this point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_cry.gif

TIA
Daniela

9 replies
jgclucas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgclucas Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 10

Pop it in the microwave for a few seconds. Don't overdo it.

Daniela Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 10

I tried putting it in the microwave but it didn't help!! icon_sad.gif I put it in a little at a time for about 30 seconds and at first it was a lot better but then it started cracking!! icon_cry.gif

Daniela

jgclucas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgclucas Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 10

I think if it is cracking, it may be too dry. Try kneading in a little water and see if that helps.

Daniela Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 9:19pm
post #5 of 10

Ok i'll try that and if that doesn't help I'll try folding in some more MM. Thanks for your help

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 9:37pm
post #6 of 10

I lightly grease my hands and the surface I am working on with Crisco and have never had a problem with sticking......maybe the cornstarch made it too dry, I'd try the Crisco and see if it helps.

Daniela Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 9:39pm
post #7 of 10

ok thanks a lot. I'll let you know what happens!!! Keep your fingers crossed.

Daniela

24katina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
24katina Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 9:41pm
post #8 of 10

I usually spray my counter with cooking spray as well asmy rolling pin and that seems to help a lot...if it's still sticky after u add more MM, I would try adding more confectioners sugar as you are kneading to get rid of all the stickyness....hope this helps!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 10:21pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIndymm4

I lightly grease my hands and the surface I am working on with Crisco and have never had a problem with sticking......maybe the cornstarch made it too dry, I'd try the Crisco and see if it helps.

Exactly, the Crisco will stop both your surface and your rolling pin from sticking. Using cornstarch or powdered sugar just contributes to the drying, cracking issue which becomes more of an issue with the marshmallow fondant than the regular rolled fondant.
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

Daniela Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 12:33am
post #10 of 10

Thanks so much for your help everyone. It was greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Daniela

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%