Cupcake Tower For Baby Shower - Few Questions For Pricing

Baking By sugarandstuff Updated 17 Jan 2011 , 6:07pm by leily

sugarandstuff Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 2:11am
post #1 of 3

I am doing a cupcake tower and sweets table for a baby shower of 140 guests. This is my first time doing cupcakes for such a large event.. They also want a two tier cake which they will not cut @ the shower. For the sweets table I plan on doing some handmade candy (cake pops, choc covered pretzels, peanut brittle, fudge, etc., but not pastry)
Do I figure on one cupcake per person, add an extra couple dozen in case people take two? Also, what about flavors? How many choices would you give? I'm afraid if I give an option of 3 flavors, people may take 3 cupcakes icon_sad.gif
Thanks!

2 replies
aprilismaius Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 3

If they are going to be standard size cupcakes, I would suggest one per person. If you want to give people the ability to try more than one flavor, I would suggest doing mini cupcakes instead, and planning on two per person. Having done dessert bars myself, minis are also a good choice because you are offering other sweets. I would only make extras if you are planning on sending guests home with goody bags/boxes for the leftovers.

leily Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 3

since there will be other sweets there also i would only do one cupcake per person.

And wow... 140 people for a baby shower?? Wow! i won't even have that many people at my wedding reception.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%