I Don't Know What To Do!!

Decorating By KayMc Updated 11 Jan 2011 , 2:08am by Rose_N_Crantz

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 1:52am
post #1 of 3

I'm a novice cake decorator who hasn't done a cake in about 3 months due to serious life issues that have come up. I had a botched nerve block for my surgery to replace my knee on Dec 1, and came home w/ a paralyzed leg. I can walk now, even if my balance is still a little off. But, I am pretty sure I can do a cake.

My mother is turning 90 yrs old, and I'm having a party for her. I just can't decide what type of cake to make for her! Shall I do a sheet cake? A sheet cake w/ a smaller second layer on top? Or a regular tier cake? I'm thinking I'll have about 30-35 people. I just can't decide what to do..

2 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 2:02am
post #2 of 3

Glad to hear your doing better!

Personally, I think a small tiered cake is more special but I've also seen some beautiful sheet cakes here on CC. I find browsing the galleries here sparks inspiration when I don't know what to do.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 2:08am
post #3 of 3

Have you thought about a hatbox cake? She might like something vintage. With the lid propped up and some lace and flowers spilling out of it. Maybe a tiny hatbox sitting on top of a pillow shaped cake?

Glad to hear your doing better too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%