Need Not Typical Ideas For St Patty's Day Party

Lounge By tryingcake Updated 17 Jan 2011 , 5:11am by tryingcake

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 1:40am
post #1 of 7

I've been asked to help put together a St Patty's day party but the customer does'nt want the same old same old.

I'm stuck - suggestions... PLEEEEEEEEASE!!

6 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 1:47am
post #2 of 7

When you say "put together", does that mean you're doing the whole thing .... cake AND food? Or just cake?

If needing ideas for food ......

I've done this before and I'm doing it this year. My March "Champagne and Caviar Girls Night Out" theme is St. Pat's day and I'm serving nothing but green food.

- a veggie tray with green onions, green peppers, olives, cucumbers, broccoli and Green Goddess salad dressing for dip is really beautiful!!
- Kiwi slices, Granny Smith Apples, and green grapes
- spinach noodles to make my beef-n-noodles
- green jello with green tinted cool whip.
- meatloaf with the green ketchup that comes out only at this time of year.
- Pistachio cookies
- green beans (with my bacon and onion!)
- tossed green salad

Its a gorgeous array of foods and fun to do!
-

tryingcake Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 4:13am
post #3 of 7

I'm so sorry I never responded - I'm not getting email notifications AND when I do, I can;t open them. I'm so frustrated. Anyway - I am on page 16 looking for a particular thread and this caught my eye.

Thank you for responding!!

Thanks, it all looks fun - and yes, food as well as cake. The cake I have covered. I always make a red velvet cake with green coloring instead of red.

MalibuBakinBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 4:55am
post #4 of 7

Here's a "not so common" green.... I went to a restaurant for New Year's and one of the courses they served was a crab cake with lobster, accompanied by wasabi caviar. It was a really small pearl, light green in color and very mild tasting (in my opinion). Now, I don't really like any caviar but I enjoyed this one (probably because it tasted like wasabi! icon_biggrin.gif ). Anyway, just another option for green. icon_wink.gif

I was also going to suggest basil pasta. Pesto. A green punch (w/green ice cubes). Cream of broccoli or pea soup (lots of easy recipes out there).

I LOVE indydebi's green ketchup! I never heard of that before! (And I'm part Irish! icon_surprised.gif )

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 5:03am
post #5 of 7

oh almost forgot .... swapping out the champagne for green margaritas!!!

tryingcake Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 5:03am
post #6 of 7

Yeah, I rthink I've only seen green ketchup once before years ago. So not sure I can do that. But all of these other suggestions are great.

Thank you!!

tryingcake Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 5:11am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

oh almost forgot .... swapping out the champagne for green margaritas!!!

Green Margaritas - great choice!!! Always a great choice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%