Laugh Of The Day

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 17 Jan 2011 , 3:42am by gscout73

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 18

We just got a call from a bride who wanted to know our pricing. We told her how much the cake cost per slice.

Her reply:

"I dont want slices of a cake, I want a whole cake."

Kid you not!

17 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 18

Perhaps if you worded the cost "per serving" she wouldn't have thought you sold it by the slice.

loriemoms Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

Perhaps if you worded the cost "per serving" she wouldn't have thought you sold it by the slice.

yes, we use per serving, per person, all those terms, it just depends on who answers the phone around here! haha! She didnt understand any of the terms. her next question was what a cake for 100 would cost....

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 18

Ah, a brain fart moment...Gotta love it!

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 8:52pm
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

We just got a call from a bride who wanted to know our pricing. We told her how much the cake cost per slice.

Her reply:

"I dont want slices of a cake, I want a whole cake."

Kid you not!

That is so funny! I have never heard that one!

PS, I love that skit! I love it anytime Christopher Walkin in on SNL. He is so creepy.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 10:45pm
post #6 of 18

icon_lol.gif

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 11:15pm
post #7 of 18

If you quoted her how much "per person" would she have told you she didn't want you to supply the people, just the cake?
(sorry, I couldn't resist!!)

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 11:48pm
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by idgalpal

If you quoted her how much "per person" would she have told you she didn't want you to supply the people, just the cake?

Muahahahaha. Or, "What if there is only 100 people, but they each want two pieces of cake? Do we still just pay for the per-person price?"

loriemoms Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 7:31pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:
Originally Posted by idgalpal

Muahahahaha. Or, "What if there is only 100 people, but they each want two pieces of cake? Do we still just pay for the per-person price?"

Beleive it or not, I have been asked this question!!!! I had a bride ask me "What if they want seconds?" I told her that is why I dont beleive this just serve 75% of your guest type thing...because you will get guests that want seconds and guest that don't want any and it will even out....

Today I had a request for Un-iced pound cake to serve the guest. Huh?? I told her we don't do un-iced cakes. my DH was suspicious of the request...and thought maybe it was a gag. Who knows!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 7:52pm
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

Today I had a request for Un-iced pound cake to serve the guest. Huh?? I told her we don't do un-iced cakes. my DH was suspicious of the request...and thought maybe it was a gag. Who knows!

Not necessarily a gag! I had a lady order a 1/4 sheet cake uniced! I charged her $5.00 less than my regular price and she still wanted it! I wrapped that sucker in plastic wrap and stuck it in a cake box and she loved it!!!! People are odd

Melvira Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 8:52pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

Not necessarily a gag! I had a lady order a 1/4 sheet cake uniced! I charged her $5.00 less than my regular price and she still wanted it! I wrapped that sucker in plastic wrap and stuck it in a cake box and she loved it!!!! People are odd

I like to leave an uniced cupcake for my 5YO. He doesn't like frosting that much. He just loves the cake. Of course, if it's cake for a group I can just let him scrape it off, but I like to make him a cupcake plain to make him feel special whenever possible. thumbs_up.gif

Smashme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smashme Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 9:05pm
post #12 of 18

i bet the uniced cakes are for the new cricut cake useres who don't bake

LEHLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LEHLA Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 9:31pm
post #13 of 18

I just had a friend get married her cake was uniced just torted then filled with icing but no icing on the outside was a beautiful cake!!

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 9:56pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEHLA

I just had a friend get married her cake was uniced just torted then filled with icing but no icing on the outside was a beautiful cake!!

Wow, just...wow. That is too hard to believe that it was beautiful. My uniced torted cakes are not beautiful!

Melvira Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 10:01pm
post #15 of 18

There was a thread about that a while back, which as I recall, didn't end especially pleasantly. There were a few pictures, and honestly, they were not attractive. If your friends was pretty, that just means she had someone very talented and meticulous do it for her! We all like different things, right!? thumbs_up.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 3:19am
post #16 of 18

Years ago, I quoted the "per serving" or "per slice" thing and she asked how I figured that ..... did I count the number of pieces as I cut it or what?

What do I look like, a buy-it-by-the-slice pizza joint? icon_eek.gif

Uh, no, darlin', it's not "number of pieces you EAT" ..... it's "number of pieces I BAKE"!!!

Melvira Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 3:41am
post #17 of 18

Muahahahaha. Yes, I make a ten tiered cake, and then count as it's served and you pay for how much is consumed. Doesn't that sound swell? Oh, but I'm kind of a rip-off artist, so when you're not looking, people are going to get really SMALL pieces. icon_lol.gif Sorry, I had to go there. tapedshut.gif

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 3:42am
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Years ago, I quoted the "per serving" or "per slice" thing and she asked how I figured that ..... did I count the number of pieces as I cut it or what?

What do I look like, a buy-it-by-the-slice pizza joint? icon_eek.gif

Uh, no, darlin', it's not "number of pieces you EAT" ..... it's "number of pieces I BAKE"!!!

ROFLMAO.. thumbs_up.gifdunce.gificon_lol.gif

I love you, Indydebi!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%