Show Me Yours And I'll Show You Mine :)

Business By PGBaker Updated 11 Jan 2011 , 10:24pm by cakelady2266

PGBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PGBaker Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 2:24am
post #1 of 4

I'm working on my website now (doing a DIY) I've decided to go with wix...seems easy enough. Wanted to see if anyone in CCland would mind posting a link to their site...I'm having such a tough time and need some inspiration. Since I come here for cake inspiration I figured you guys could give me website inspiration as well. When mine is done I will post for comments. TFS

3 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 6:35am
post #2 of 4

I also made my business's web site myself (from scratch with HTML)...I would advise against using wix, as Flash-based web sites tend to be frustrating from a usability perspective and difficult to navigate. Instead, I would put together a mockup on paper and hire a local college student studying web design to implement it for you.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 4

I used the yahoo templates, and it was really easy. I like it because I can change it as much as I want in my own without having to call someone to do it for me on their schedule.

I don't know if wix is a flash site, but flash isn't supported on a lot of mobile devices, and google doesn't read it well either. It might affect your page rankings if you have a flash site, and some people won't be able to see it depending on what device they're using to go online.

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 10:24pm
post #4 of 4

I purchased a bludomain template and had a web designer cousin do the rest in exchange for free birthday cakes. My site is a flash website, but it doesn't seem to be too big of an issue. I did the do it yourself thing (Intuit) and couldn't get it to work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%