Wix Or Weebly

Business By pastryqueen9 Updated 13 Jan 2011 , 4:27am by erinalicia

pastryqueen9 Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 12:07am
post #1 of 8

I'm considering going with either Wix or Weebly for my website because I have heard that the web building tools are really user friendly. If there's anyone out there that can give a little insight I would appreciate it and if anyone has any recommendations for other companies I'd like that as well. Wix has the flash which I really like but I wasn't sure about everything else...just really trying to make a good choice...

1.) How do you like it?

2.) Is there customer service good?

3.) Do you like the quality of the design templates?

4.) Have you had any problems with them? icon_redface.gificon_confused.gif

7 replies
Stephy42088 Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 3:59am
post #2 of 8

I use weebly and am very satisfied. Although I have nothing to compare it to. It works well for my needs though.

motherofgrace Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 7:23am
post #3 of 8

I use weebly, and the only problem I have had is they can be finiky about pictures sometimes. But other then that I love it!

leah_s Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 10:40am
post #4 of 8

Neither. Free sites are free because you share server space. You won't know when or how often your website is unavailable (unless you monitor it) , but your website's uptime will be much lower than with any paid service.

HaydenSC Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 3:07pm
post #5 of 8

I am not sure what your budget is for the site, but we had a nice one custom built by a local graphic designer. (We live in a moderate sized metropolitan area.) She was completely professional. We called her references and everything checked out well.
She gave us an estimate, I said "I would love it, but our budget is $2000- can you make any modifications?". She came back with modifications within our budget for a GREAT site that suits our needs. It is hosted by Go Daddy and we have had no problems.
Remember that your website is your pubic image. It says volumes about your professionalism and helps to get the right kind of clients.

pastryqueen9 Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 4:09pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you all for your comments. I can't wait to have a site up and running it will be one more thing off of my very long list of things to do which seems to be growing by the second icon_lol.gif

HaydenSC Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 1:46pm
post #7 of 8

Umm, I just realized that I typed that the website is your "pubic image". icon_redface.gif Oops, I mean puBlic, of course. Dang typos!
I hope the website goes well for you!

erinalicia Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 4:27am
post #8 of 8

If you pay for the Wix service, they're good. But the free version isn't worth it. I like their templates especially for galleries. I have a free page with them for my crochet stuff, but I want a store front and not just a gallery so I went with something else. Since you can set it up for free and then upgrade at any time, it'd be worth a shot to try it out and see if you like it. And you can monitor hits and things like that with the premium services.

Quote by @%username% on %date%