Shower Was Postponed A Week...what Do I Do With The Cake??

Decorating By oakleygirl77 Updated 10 Jan 2011 , 11:15am by Coral3

oakleygirl77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oakleygirl77 Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 8

HELP!! I was on my way delivering a 3 tier baby shower cake today and the client called and said that due to the weather she had to cancel the shower today but rescheduled it for next Sunday.

It is snowing and the roads were really starting to get slick.

So can I freeze this cake until next week? Will it still be ok?

It is a 12" chocolate cake with chocolate filling, 10" red velvet cake with cream cheese filling and an 8" white cake with cream cheese filling.
It is all covered with buttercream and fondant accents.

7 replies
AnotherCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCaker Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 8

I would have not answered my phone and delivered it. Let her worry about it. But, that's not too helpful now is it. Couldn't tell you what I'd do since there's not much of a chance of me ever holding a cake and expecting it to be in tip top shape the day it was supposed to be delivered. Sorry.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 10:34pm
post #3 of 8

Yeah ..... that thing should be in HER freezer, not yours.

Just be sure she understands that next week she is getting a cake that has been in the freezer for a week because SHE decided to postpone. If frozen and thawed properly, it should be fine, but don't let her give you some crap about it not tasting "fresh" and wanting a refund.

Funny how she decided to cancel the thing while you were ON YOUR WAY with the cake, huh? Talk about last minute decisions. icon_confused.gif

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 10:35pm
post #4 of 8

Call the client and tell them they need to come and get the cake tomorrow. Give them directions on how to store it until next week. It is not your responsibility to hold on to it.

birdlady9771 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdlady9771 Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 10:41pm
post #5 of 8

I agree with Indydebi & I hope you've already been paid in full.

Good Luck!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 2:08am
post #6 of 8

Agreed...I wouldn't care if she cancelled the event, she'd already bought the cake. If she wanted to buy another one for the following week I might not be available but she could ask icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 10:37am
post #7 of 8

Agreed. This simply isn't your problem.

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 11:15am
post #8 of 8

Proceed with the delivery and let her store it for a week. It's up to her what she does with it after you've filled the order, plus if she SEES it sitting in HER fridge for a week she'll be less likely to complain should it not be perfectly for the event.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%