Cricut Cake Cutting Blade Assembly

Decorating By Jeana77 Updated 25 Nov 2011 , 3:47am by cakeRocket

Jeana77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeana77 Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 6

I finally broke down and bought the cricut cake machine. I was going to spend some time "playing' with it today and I can't even get past the first step in the instructions. The book shows that the blade assembly has a black arrow and an adjustment knob with numbers. Mine doesn't have this. It is white with no numbers and no arrow. Did I receive the wrong one or are the instructions wrong? Any help is MUCH appreciated!

5 replies
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 6

Instruction book is from some other planet (or Cricut model LOL). White knob, no numbers on my machine, too. Plop it in and go - mine cuts fine....

JenFailla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenFailla Posted 10 Jan 2011 , 7:59pm
post #3 of 6

I got my cricut yesterday and was wondering about that as well. I found somewhere online that the white one is the updated version and that the book just doesn't reflect that yet.

Also, you can put the blade in either way as long as the two "columns" on the base of the unit are lined up with the grooves in the blade holder in the machine - sorry if that is confusing.... the blade will automatically turn the correct way once it starts to cut- at least that is what i read. good luck!!!

Jayne12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayne12 Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 6

the cricut cake blade assembly doesnt have number and the housing is white so i think you have the wrong one

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 7:16pm
post #5 of 6

i'm so glad i ran across this!! This past weekend i went to a scrapbooking cricut party and got familiar with using the machine and then came home and took mine out of the box and noticed the same thing with my blade assembly. IT was super confusing when the instructions and manual all showed it with the adjustment and arrow on it.

So glad to know that i have the right one. Wish they would make a note about it on their paperwork, doesn't take much to add in a side note for the cricut cake.

cakeRocket Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeRocket Posted 25 Nov 2011 , 3:47am
post #6 of 6

Wow, talk about confussion overload! icon_confused.gif I also got mine the other day and when i sat down to open it and get it started i also noticed mine was white and had no numbers on it. I goggled to see what i could find and i came across this new version of the user manual that actually has the white blade assembly versus the black. Not sure why it wasn't included in my new cricut but they should definatley fix that! Anyways, here's the link in case anyone else gets confussedicon_smile.gif

http://content.cricut.com/c/downloads/CricutCakeManual.pdf

[/quote]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%