Being Filmed While Making A Cake Is Harder Than It Looks!

Decorating By Nancy_TX Updated 13 Jan 2011 , 1:10am by Nancy_TX

Nancy_TX Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 6:38pm
post #1 of 6

Hats off to all of you who have been in the cake challenges - I have no idea how you did it! The local news came out to interview me and filmed me while I working on a cake. I know I'm going to look like a dork! And anyone watching will think I have no idea how to decorate a cake! It's the toybox cake in my photos. I had less than 24 hours notice they were coming, so I really wasn't ready. And there were certain specific things they wanted to see so I had to work out of order from how I normally do things. And do not even ask me what I said - they were interviewing me while I was working and I really couldn't concentrate on both. Finishing the cake after they left seemed like a snap. I can't imagine having to do an entire cake while they were filming you!

5 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 6

I haven't been filmed making a cake but I have done demos -- and just like a demonstration speech -- I just can't talk and work with sugar at the same time! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

-K8memphis Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 6

Plus what if you had to carry all your stuff to a different location to do it. ha!

But I know you did GREAT!!

crp7 Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 6:58pm
post #4 of 6

Congratulations on your tv gig! I am sure it is very distracting to have the camera there and people asking questions while you work. Your cake looks great.

FEIwannabe Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 7:52am
post #5 of 6

I just recently did a Cake Challenge. The camera and producer were easily blocked out, so much so that I ran into the camera guy standing behind me a couple of times. I think it's different at Challenge because there's SOOOO much work to do and you have to concentrate so much on what you're doing just to finish. I don't know if I'll look like a dork, the episode hasn't aired yet. icon_smile.gif

I think it would be much harder to do an interview, because you have to focus on what you're doing and what you're saying and what you're demonstrating.

Nancy_TX Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 1:10am
post #6 of 6

That is so true K8! At least I was in my own kitchen. But then again, that also meant I had to clean the whole house before they got there!

FEIwannabe - I'm worried enough about how bad a 90 second news spot is going to be! You must be on pins and needles waiting to see how they edit your episode!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%