Giant Cupcake Swirl

Baking By CakesByCharlene Updated 9 Jan 2011 , 1:52pm by Skirt

CakesByCharlene Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 12:08pm
post #1 of 4

hey everyone just a quick question, i need to do a swirl of buttercream on top of a giant cupcake and none of my tips are big enough so i need to buy a new one. just wondering what size/brand ppl use before i go out "guessing" the right one icon_smile.gif thanks heaps.

sorry if theres already a thread about this...i searched but nothing came up

3 replies
susiekoos Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 12:17pm
post #2 of 4

I use 1M for swirls on Big and small cupcakes icon_wink.gif

CakesByCharlene Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 1:05pm
post #3 of 4

i have a loyal #19 i think it is, i use it on all my other cupcakes but ive tried using it on giant ones twice and i didnt think it looks right...hmmm i might have to try it again. thanks

Skirt Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 4

You could try 1B as well. Wilton 172 givea an interesting effect, though not a big swirl.

This blog has more tip suggestions frm Ateco:

Be warned, you could spend hours at that blog!


Quote by @%username% on %date%