Adding To The Have You Googled Yourself Thread

Lounge By tryingcake

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 6:52am
post #1 of 1

Which I can't find to save my life now.

I have Googled my real name several times and really don't come with much - good thing. But tonight I opened Google and the clicked images and typed my old sign on "cali4dawn" and all sorts of stuff came up. Cake stuff of course. Even tutorials I'd created and forgotten about.

The weird thing - a lot of pics popped up that weren't mine. HUH??? So, of course, out of curiosity I clicked. They were all almost always someone on here saying thank you cali4dawn for the great tutorial or instructions or pattern or whatever.

I'm not saying this to boast. Not at all. I created most of those tutorials when I was a newbie to cakes. I would learn how to do it, usually in a class. Come home make a tutorial and publish it. Usually for myself so I wouldn't lose them in a computer crash. I never realized so many others were using them. Which is totally cool.

The point of this post: No matter how new you are - you have something to share. Don't be shy, don't think yourself unworthy. If I had been shy, those people would not have learned what they learned when they did.

So - be brave! Put yourself out there. It's a really good feeling to know you helped someone else grow.

And to all those people that gave me thanks and I never acknowledged it your great work (which was almost always better than mine), I'm sorry. I didn't know. I left this site a few months after it was created. I was one of the first moderators. I was having personal issues at home and just didn't have the energy to give it justice. So I just disappeared. Then life goes on and new pursuits present themselves next thing you realize it's been 6 years. OMG! 6 years!

So, thank you, thank you, thank you for not only using my tutorials but acknowledging my efforts and giving me a boost of confidence to boot.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%