Been Had For A Mug.....wont Fall For This Again!!

Decorating By Cake_Karen Updated 9 Jan 2011 , 1:44am by tokazodo

Cake_Karen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Karen Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 12:50am
post #1 of 3

Took a phone call on Monday from a lady asking if I could help her out as she had been let down by her baker for a christening cake needed for this weekend.
Even though this was late notice I told her I could do it as I felt sorry for her. I did not even think about needing a deposit because I have never had anyone order a cake and not come for it......Well.......Yeah you got it she never turned up for the cake at the arranged time of 1-2pm this afternoon. I rang her to ask when she was going to come for it and she just said 'Oh can I ring you back in a few minutes' ......11 hours later and still no call! I have rung and rung and rung her but she will not answer her telephone. 6 text messages and no reply!!

Yep I have been had for a mug.

Lesson learnt. No money no cake. From now on all cakes will have to be paid for in full at least 7 days before collection date.

£65 cake sat on my table will be taken to my work and sold off in slices and will send the money raised to charity.

2 replies
Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 1:29am
post #2 of 3

Taking a financial loss is never pleasant, and I'm sorry this happened. You have a loving heart and turned the misdeed around by being a blessing to the people at work and the local charity. I feel proud to know you, even though we've never met face to face. Your cakes are beautiful and a reflection of you. Have a wonderful New Year!

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 1:44am
post #3 of 3

Your customer was the one who lost here. She missed out on a beautiful cake. I've looked at your cake photos. You make some really beautiful cakes.
It's her loss.
Your co-workers will appreciate the delicious treat!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%